Uses for Dryer Sheets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uses for Dryer Sheets

Post  Greeny on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 am

1. Have pets? Use a sheet to rub on your hairy surfaces. Couches for example, the sheet will magnetically the loose hairs. It will also help enhance the smell of your couch...both by removing the pet hairs and by the process of rubbing.
2. Wet and use to clean shower curtains. Take one and wet it with the water filling your washer and give a quick wipe down to the washer and dryer. Tip, make sure it's not dripping wet, damp'll do.
3. Place a sheet in your shoes over-night, or until next use.
4. Wipe your bllinds with one. It should help remove and keep off dust.
5. Have a lot of books? Put one in the box, or on the back of a shelf...books (mysteriously) have odors when unused. I shall look into this reason, though I'm sure there are a few explanations (dust, absorbing surrounding odors, our own skin and oils collecting and then (ew) rotting? on the pages and books...)
6. Fabric softener sheets are claimed to clean baked on foods from cooking pots and pans. Place a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight. Next morning sponge it clean. The antistatic agent apparently weakens the bond between the stuck on food between the pot or pans surface. The fabric softening agents helps to soften the baked on food. (this does work) (though some other things may work better depending on the situation, I should have a thread just for cleaning pots and pans. Very Happy )
7. Air Freshner. Place sheets in air vents. We've done this, it works, and is awesomesauce. Key areas to think of using them: Bathrooms. Kitchen. Laundry Room. Your system air-intake vent.
8. Roll up a dryer sheet around the inside of your toilet paper roll. Everytime you roll, it rolls, and sweet smells roll.
9. Storage: Boxes. Camping gear. Travel bags. Winter coats in off-season. Summer jackets in off-season. Shoes (previously mentioned). Drawers. Moving boxes. Sports equipment. Craft boxes. lalalalalala.

There are many more. What other ways do you put them to use?

Read more (a site I found on it) : http://www.doityourself.com/stry/dryersheets#ixzz1EJlSza59
Greeny
Empress

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Character Sheet
Health Points:
25/100  (25/100)
Helping Value:
5/100  (5/100)

http://looneybin.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top