Dames de Véracité
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthful Uses for Baking Soda

Go down

Healthful Uses for Baking Soda Empty Healthful Uses for Baking Soda

Post  Greeny Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Baking soda as it pertains to health. If you haven't realized before, you will soon realize how much I love baking soda and all its potential.

1. Natural Deodarant: Pat or sprinkle some on pure baking soda, on your armpits for a natural deodarant.
2. Stinky Shoe Remedy: Sprinkle generous amounts into shoes to help absorb odor. I don't suggest leaving it all in the shoes/sneakers, leave it over night then shake out the majority before you wear your shoes the next time.
3. Cold Sore Remedy: Make a thick paste of baking soda and apply to cold sore twice daily, atleast.
4. Remove Splinters: Make a paste of baking soda and water, apply to bottom of a bandage, put the bandage over the area. Let it sit overnight, in the morning the splint should be easier to remove.
5. In the Bath: This is great for sensitive skin. Sprinkle approximately half a cup into a lukewarm bath tub while the water is running.
6. Anatacid: Use about one teaspoon in a small cup of water, drink to help reduce acid.
7. Mosquito Bites: Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply to the bites, in a few minutes the itch should be gone. In about one hour the redness and swelling should be gone. This works best if you haven't scratched the itch and if the paste is relatively thick.
8. Another reason to have it readily available in the kitchen:
Burns: If you have a burn, or someone else. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water, pour it over the hand (or other part) and wrap with gauze. You must go to the hospital, no matter what, but this will help the burn greatly. It may hurt the first time you put it on the hand, but trust me, if you have ever hand a burn. Like a hot-grease burn on your hand...you will welcome this even if there is a little more pain for a moment. It should decrease the chances of scarring and blistering.
I have had severe burns to my left hand due to hot grease, if I had known this then...my hand wouldn't have been scarred the way it had. Luckily the scars are fading...Smile
Greeny
Greeny
Empress

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Healthful Uses for Baking Soda Left_bar_bleue25/100Healthful Uses for Baking Soda Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Helping Value:
Healthful Uses for Baking Soda Left_bar_bleue5/100Healthful Uses for Baking Soda Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

http://looneybin.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down